Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is quickly drawing to a close.  I only have a week and a half before school starts.  I haven't been to my classroom yet, because I just can't take myself away from my boy.  Tomorrow I plan on taking him to the babysitter to get used to her while I work at school.  This will be the first time he has been with someone that isn't family!  I know he will have a great time there, but I'm worried about him. 


Since the last blog, we have been doing all kinds of things.


Little Buddy has been eating rice cereal and loving it.  We have progressed to two times a day...lunch and dinner.  Next week we are going to expand to three times a day.  He is starting to open his mouth more when he sees the spoon, but boy does he gag if it is too thick.  I have been trying to make it a little thicker each day to get closer to the consistency of baby food, but he isn't quite ready for it yet.


I remembered that he has a tray for his bumbo chair.  He loves to have stuff on the tray and hit the tray with his hands.  I am thinking about getting this boy some drums to beat on too.






We have been able to get out and about more because his belly will store food longer.  So, we have made trips to shop at Kohl's, Target, and even Wal-mart.  When we go, I try to have a hat on his because I don't want his little bald head to burn. 




Jackson had his four month check up this past week.  He got two shots and one oral vaccine.  I just hate watching him get shots.  This time it was really sad because he was in a super mood.  He enjoyed talking to the doctor.  Then, when the nurse came in he really started talking and telling her this big old story.  Then, she stuck him with the needle and he screamed bloody murder!!  I felt so bad for him.  He had this awful look like what did I do to you lady?




One afternoon he went to visit with his Nonnie and Poppaw when momma was having some alone time.  He just loves sitting in his bumbo and chewing on anything he can get his hand on.


Nonnie and Poppaw even took us all swimming at Southland.  She was teaching him how to swim.  He was even kicking and everything.
 Daddy and Nonnie thought that it would be good to have Jackson go underwater.  Momma was not a big fan but this is something they actually have parents do with little ones in swimming lessons at this age.  It made me a nervous wreck.  He didn't seem to mind it at all after he realized he was ok.  After he took a dip, he was more willing and wanting to splash and get wet.

Jackson is really starting to notice the dogs.  Riley really doesn't do too much with him, but Layla is all about him.  She sleeps on the floor in his room when he takes naps during the day.  She even wants to be on the floor besides him when he is on his playmat.  Jackson will even look and talk to Layla.  He is starting to want to reach out and touch her too.  When he does, she normally just licks him or just looks at him and lets him touch her!  She is such a good dog!!


Today Jackson is 20 weeks old!!  I just can't believe how time is flying by!!  It feels like just yesterday that he was born, but I wouldn't trade a day!  I just love being a momma.  His smiling face makes my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment