Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Days

Summer is starting to slowly come to an end:(  I have loved spending my days with my boy and it's going to be so hard getting back into the groove of work.  However, we are savoring every last day.  We spend our days relaxing around the house and sometime running errands.  

Over the past few weeks, Jackson has been showing symptoms of teething.  He is drooling constantly.  It's so bad that he will go through at least 6 bibs a day.  And these bibs aren't from spit-up, but just drool.  He is also wanting to chew on everything!  His hands are his number one priority right now.     

This little boy just loves chewing on his hands and fingers.
 Most of the time, we are lazy and just relax around the house.  This picture is from an afternoon that J man didn't want to nap.  So, I set up a spread of toys for him on the couch besides me while I caught up on my DVR.  The next thing I knew, this boy was out cold.  This is how he napped, gripping tight to his toy.

Lazy couch day with momma
We even got a new tree for our backyard.  Andrew's parents got it for us for an anniversary/house warming present.  One day J will even have a swing set by this tree and hopefully it will give him some shade.   

 Jackson decided that we needed to go outside and watch daddy and poppaw plant the tree.  This boy just loves being outside.  Anytime he is upset or cranky, we step outside and everything is alright.
Chilling on the back porch
 Lately, Jackson has been just a little talker.  I am making a book of pictures from everyday of his first year.  So, this is one of the daily pictures I take; however, these pictures are starting to be a lot of work.  He is either squirming around everywhere or talking up a storm.  Normally it takes about 10-15 shots before I can get a decent picture.
Momma's little talker
 July 19, 2011...Jackson's first go at eating food.  He has been fussy during the nights and not sleeping well.  He is also wanting to eat every 2 hours.  This is including formula or breast milk bottles!!  So, we are going to try to give him this cereal and hopefully it will fill him longer.  At first, he was not too sure of the food, but after several bites he started tolerating it better.  I think the bib got more food than his belly:) 

Rice Cereal Everywhere

Hmm..not so sure about this stuff
 After all the rice cereal, J needed a bath.  This boy just loves water.  I decided to try the Bumbo out so he could play more.  Well, I ended up having to much water at first.  Who would have thought the Bumbo would float even when J sitting in it!!  lol.  So, we had to drain some of the water and it was a hit.  He loved being in the water and splashing.  He even leaned over to reach for his toys. 

Of course the hands in the mouth

Happy boy in the tub

What did you say Momma?  I was too busy with my toys!


No comments:

Post a Comment